September 14 and 15th | Noon – 6 pm
92 St & 118 Ave (Arts Common Grassy Space)
Autumn is a welcoming time for communities to share a richness of their heritage and traditions. Join a cultural celebration including artisans, music and dance of the First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples at the Takwakin Village. There will be traditional crafts for sale as well as craft workshops and demonstrations done by Trapper Robert Grandjambe Jr. and Indigenous artisans. (Bannock tasking, Métis Finger Weaver, and Cree language lessons).
What’s happening at Takwakin Village:
1. Bannock and Tea tasting — Sharon LaRose
2. Traditional stories and games — Bent Arrow Healing Society
3. Paint and learn — Florence Shone
4. Cultural Craft Workshop — Anna Cousins
5. Métis exhibit and traditional sash weaving demonstration — Celina Loyer
6. Northern Trapper Exhibit — Robert Grandjambe Jr.
Artisan show and sales:
Jamie Lynn Designs